I understand that finding a perfect wedding planner requires a lot of like and trust. So I wrote this article to help you decide! Through 28 facts about me, I’ll be sharing about my experiences, interests, goals, dreams, and some wedding-related statements. So let’s get started!
Background & Experiences
1. My Thai nickname “Peemai” means New Year – because I was born on the first of January.
2. I came from a small city called Yala in the southern part of Thailand.
3. In 2008 – 2009, I spent almost a full year living in Latvia as an exchange student.
4. I studied Liberal Arts at Thammasat University (Pathum Thani, Thailand). During my free time there on Monday and Thursday, my friends and I were always at the weekly flea market in our campus.
5. One of my first jobs included planning corporate events and content creation.
6. Before I became a wedding planner, I was planning corporate events and working as a flight attendant for one of the commercial airlines based in the Middle East. I also worked part time as a translator and an interpreter.
7. I’m a bibliophile who is also obsessed with books, bookstores, and historical libraries.
8. My most favorite authors are Roald Dahl, Maya Angelou, and George Orwell.
9. You can probably tell already that I’m a liberal. I speak openly about my political views for I believe freedom of speech and expressions are fundamental rights, as long as the information we share isn’t fake news.
10. I love a cup of dark hot chocolate and almost all kinds of FOOD!
11. English is the language I feel comfortable with the most, even though I’m not a native speaker.
12. I had no ideas how much I love online courses and podcast until the beginning of 2020. I’m an active listener of the Wedding CEO by Kylie Carlson – the founder of The Wedding Academy – where I get my trainings as a certified wedding and event planner.
Favorites, Goals, Dreams
13. My most favorite time of the year for me is Christmas time!
14. I used to hate my birthday because it’s already a holiday, but the movie “New Year’s Eve” changed that. Now I see it as a globally celebrated second chance!
15. If I had 100 million dollar right now, I’d buy a cute English cottage with vintage furniture in it.
16. Places I dream of visiting are Reykjavik, Havana, Hawaii, and Tokyo Disneyland.
17. I hope to live in New York City for at least six months sometime in the future. It’s my most favorite layover as a flight attendant, which became my spiritual city!
18. My dream retirement includes sipping tea in the afternoon and reading in my own garden filled with many different seasonal flowers.
Knowing Your Wedding Planner
19. The first time I thought of working in a wedding industry was when I first watched “27 Dresses”. (You can guess I watch it several times more!)
20. I found my passion while planning my own wedding.
21. Working as a wedding planner gives me new challenges that I’m happy to burn for with so much growth and freedom.
22. I focus solely on humanist wedding ceremony as it gives so much freedom, equality, and creativity for the wedding couples. There are so many ways to create meaningful, intimate celebrations outside conservative wedding rules.
23. Personalization is HUGE here. It’s in every part of the services I offer!
24. My future plan includes expanding my business to offering destination weddings in Europe and, of course, New York City!
25. Besides training with the Wedding Academy, I’m also a certified LGBTQ-inclusive wedding vendor through an online course with “Equally Wed” – an international LGBTQ+ wedding educational resource.
26. And I also take a few courses in floral design. They are just so much fun!
27. One thing I would like to change the most in the industry is gender-biased wedding traditions.
28. And I believe I can create such positive changes – one wedding at a time.
I hope these 28 facts allow you to get to know me better and help you decide if I’d be the right person to plan your special day. Let me know if we have something in common through your free initial consultation.